Friday, August 19, 2005

Digging for Oil




It's been awhile since I posted. My life seems to be in an interesting transition at the moment. I'm not sure what the days ahead will have for me, but I do know that I am leaning hard on Jesus during these times.

I'm not behind in my reading. I'm behind in the writing. Sometimes my mind thinks of so many things around what I'm reading that I can't figure out how to get it out my fingers! I've been reading and praying through "52 Days of Rebuilding Your Spirit, Receiving a New Anointing, and Unlocking Your Future" . There are just so many things to pray about and ponder that I just don't have the time on a daily basis to write what I am thinking. (whew!)

Here are the salient points of what I've been reading. These are the bold print of the document linked above.

  • My people are resisting the drill of discipline. My people are resisting My attempt to go deeper.
  • Do not agree with and settle on the wrong side of the river.
  • The River Jordan is rising! Do not fear the rising waters around you.
  • Purpose in your heart to be the first to step forward. I will surround your desert places with a redemptive thread.
  • If you will surround every desert that I give you, your inheritance will be secured and what seems dry will blossom.
  • This is a time when that which has been gray will become clear in your life.
  • This is a time to walk in My anointing and glory—not just look for it.
  • You are not aware that you are a glory carrier for this season.

The scriptures around these statements are so deep. I'm not sure how I can absorb this stuff on a daily basis. There's just a lot there. I think of all the things I am reading it is reassuring to know that the Father is giving me a choice to remain in my same circumstances or to move "across the Jordan" to the new place. He even said that there would be no condemnation - "but your expectation of Me will be lessened". That caused my heart to jump into my throat. It sounded like I would just "settle". My holy discontent just won't let me do that! (See Thurs, Aug 11, 2005 blog entry.)

These are days for the oil search of the Lord in my heart. I am encouraged to know that He feels there IS oil in there. It feels like months that I've cried out to God for the deeper things He has. I know that not everyone is interested in going there. I also know that probably more people than I realize DO want to search out His glorious riches. If God be for us, who can be against us?!!

1 comment:

Magdaleine said...

I'm interested in knowing more about this. What are the verses? What more can you share?


Hmmmm. I clicked on the link and see where you're getting this. Maybe I should start this 52 days myself.