Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanks on this Day

I'm sipping Raspberry Cocoa by my woodstove as the flames lick the wood releasing warmth to our chilly house. Being the first cold morning (19F) of the season, I awoke at 5:30am to get the fire going. I'm by myself with my thoughts.

Having not blogged for over eight months, the time has come to get back to it. I'm inspired by my pastor as he began a blog several weeks ago. Another woman I just met last night also had a blog. As she and I chatted, I realized I now have time (and a bit of desire) to step back into blogging again. For a couple of years now my daily reading has included touching base with about 30 different blogs. Some of those bloggers post every day; some only once a week or so. A good blog feeder and coffee make good reading.

Why get back to it now? For the last year and a half my evenings have been full of college work. Writing three to five papers a week throughout my various courses seemed to dull my desire to write - not to mention the time factor. Two classes away from my May 10th graduation date, it seems now there is more time for writing in my life. So much really has happened in these last months. Those details might be for other blogs - or not.

Today though, enjoying the last of my cocoa with the crackling fire behind me, I am thankful for my Father's love for me. In these quite moments before the rest of the family awakens and we start cooking for our family Thanksgiving Dinner together, it is an awareness of the peace in my heart that seems to loom large in my thinking.

Thank You Father for this peace . . .

No comments: