Sunday, January 20, 2008

What About This Holy Discontent?

In reading Bill Hybel's book, "Holy Discontent", I find I am trying to narrow down that change place where I want to make a difference. I thought it could be through the church I attend; I am not sure though. I do know that my personal mission statement "includes inspiring, nurturing and releasing creative purpose in myself and others" - the purpose being so we may live to the full measure of our creation.

After reading REVEAL, a monograph by some Willow Creek people, it seems there is a need to coach/mentor people who have followed Christ for awhile but seemed stalled. That's one of those situations in life where I absolutely do NOT believe we have to "just live with it". Yikes!

Two years ago, I chose a completely different way to think. I was told I was wrong, not going to be a "fit" and leaving my entire ministry behind. Any of those could be correct, but at that point, I could not continue where I was going. I knew I would die inside. Now, two years later, I'm about to graduate from university, have finished my coaching certification and still believe that God has ministry for me. I think I just trying to figure out how to live my passion daily. I might be making it harder than it needs to be. It could be I want it to look differently than it is at this moment.

No comments: