Sunday, December 27, 2009

Thinking for a Change - What does that mean?

Just picked up a book by John Maxwell. Previously I've used his books as motivational materials for my own business. I always grew when engaging his principles. Not always sure I did them as coming from my own heart as much as just believed they worked for other people so they should work for me.

At this time in my life, I'm less about rotely doing what someone else does and more about seeing if certain ideas/techniques are something I can buy into for my own growth. True to his style, Maxwell gives 11 ways to be a better thinker. Honestly, when I read the title, I wondered what it meant.

Thinking for a Change

What do you think that title means?

1 comment:

cherry said...

I think the intent of the title it to infer two meanings: 1)Thinking instead of just coasting along in apathy - no more frog in the gradually heating saucepan - no more knee jerk reactions without thinking... and 2)Just as the pen is mightier than the sword - so, thinking- intentional, dedicated thinking, will lead to change.
Personally, I like the way words bump up together and make meaning and poetry and prose, so I really like when I get two meanings from the same witty phrase.