Sunday, January 08, 2006

Lead Us Lord



This picture is taken en route to the summit of the highest flat topped mountain in North America - the Grand Mesa!

This week is one of those monumental weeks in a person's life. There are so many changes on the horizon that my head spins sometimes. As is typical with a big decision, so many people will be touched. Some will be mad, some will be sad and probably some will be glad. Some will say I'm just following a fad and will be glad to see me stop whining. Okey dokie . . . there ya go!

I, the other hand, understand that decisions made this week could change the lives of not only my family, but the lives of many others as well. There have been pivitol moments in my life where decisions changed my direction completely. Getting married was one of those choices. Moving to a new town was another. For some reason, this feels like that kind of impact will accompany decisions made this week.

I wait, not fearfully, but expectantly. I wait, knowing that things might stay the same, yet hoping for radical changes. Ultimately, though, I have to cling to the biblical mandate I read long ago, "Expect the Lord!"

No comments: