Saturday, September 23, 2006

The First Day of Fall?


Believe it or not, this is what it looks like in the Colorado Rockies today!

It's official - today's the first day of Fall. Tomorrow is Color Sunday. Many people pile in vehicles to travel through the Colorado Rocky Mountains to view the beautiful colors turning from the green of Summer to the varied offerings of Fall.

At the moment, there is no sun shining. Ominous clouds have settled in for several days. Rain pours from the clouds reminding me of my plans to clear the weeds out of the backyard. Oh shucks! Won't being doing that job today!

My most likely house job today will be clearing off the woodstove. Because it sits in the center of our living room, the woodstove becomes a place for vases and candle decorations throughout the summer. Can't have those on the surface of a hot stove, so I need to get them moved elsewhere. At least the wood pile in the house is dry. I'm quietly thanking my son for filling the wood holder last Spring.

Several of my friends are at retreats this weekend. They will be traveling Interstate 70 through the mountains. Later this evening, I'll be checking with them to see if they are home safely yet. Others will be coming home midday Sunday. That just seems like a safer time to travel.

Hmmm . . . my Cowboy Coffee Cake is hot out of the oven. The butter is waiting to melt on the hot coffee cake. Yum . . . it's going to be a good day!

No comments: