Monday, January 31, 2005

Dividing to Multiply

I came to the conclusion this past week that I needed to teach people what I do. Not just give them info about my jobs at the church, but literally find people to do what I do.

I've begun to train one person for the power point presentations. I will hope to bring another person on board as soon as the Lord shows them to me. I have asked an IT guy to take over the computer systems at the church. He will be great and be seen as a greater authority than me.

We already have 3 other worship leaders. That area is covered. It just means that there is one less person in the rotation - ME.

Now, I am praying for a new mix of instruments for worship or another pianist. We're about to lose one of our guitarists. Her family is heading to the eastern slope of Colorado. I imagine there are musicians sitting out in the congregation somewhere. I'm asking the Lord to either show them to me or bring us others.

Now . . . why am I doing this?

It's good to divide to multiply - for everyone involved. I believe there is a multiplication in ministries when one divides them up and gives to others. "Many hands make the work light," our pastors say. I need to lighten up. I am hungry for multiplication. I'm going to be at work giving away work. Interesting and freeing for sure!

No comments: