Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Friends' Thoughts about My Dream

I thought I'd try to encapsulate what the various thoughts are about my dreams. Several people have dropped thoughts and ideas off to me. Here are some of them. These thoughts are in reference to the dream I had posted here: http://yadahthoughts.blogspot.com/2005/01/it-began-with-dream.html.

Certain words in the dream seemed to be noticed by these people. These are not "hard and fast" interpretations as much as impressions people had. More may come later, but at this time, this is what I've received.

"change" - Was there too small a place for that to happen? Couldn't find a place that change was not only doable, but acceptable; the church structure didn't afford a place to change; is there fear and shame around "changing" in some place other than a private place?; Can I risk not appearing to be "ready"?;

"guys in the recliners" - judgement; fear of not measuring up to their smirks;

"wedding" - trying to find the true meaning of the bride the church; You want to be there but it always seems like you never quite get there, are just a little behind and a little late, and not attired just right.

"my son" - He is the fruit of your loins just as worship is the fruit of your spirit and the desired product of your life ministry; My son just wanted to know if I got there on time or if he had to lead the thing by himself!; Am I the link from one generation to the next in my church?

"clothes" - You really want to put on a NEW garment of praise but there just doesn't seem like there is room for you to get "dressed." There is too much business with too many other things going on in the "church." When you think you have found a spot - its too small. But when you find a "spot big enough" there are religious judgments there to watch and smirk at you. You had the clothes, but there just wasn't a place to get them on.

"cell phone" - You want communication but it just isn't there. You know instinctively that without it you will not connect with your fruitfulness that you so desire. You are frustrated.

These are the salient points I gathered from my notes. I might have missed some things, but these are the main ideas. I'm still praying for discernment and direction around all of this.

Great days ahead for sure!

No comments: