Thursday, February 24, 2005

Basking with Palmy

Oh sure! Doesn't a full calendar mean and full life?

Hmm . . . I ran across a blog in my reading that jumped out at me. A guy named Tod Bolsinger writes it. He's a pastor . . . of a Presbyterian Church . . . on the beach in San Clemente, CA. Tod says we need to put a basking time on our calendars. Plan on just sitting and thinking. Plan a time to put the headphones on and listen to a favorite CD. Do NOT multitask! (How in the world would things get done if I didn't multitask?)

I have a friend who actually really does help me keep on time. His name is Palmy. He's a Zire 71. That's rather cold sounding, isn't it? I named him Palmy because I knew we'd have a close relationship. Palmy let's me know by alarm (and in plenty of time) about upcoming events in my day. For instance, when I have to take my mom to a doctor's appointment, Palmy reminds me about 45 minutes ahead of time. That means if I've forgotten, I can get ready, drive to pick her up and be at the doc's on time. Palmy also has my daily devotions ready and waiting for me each day. He's always ready to take in my creative ideas (silly or not). If I need a phone number, he's able to provide that as well. When I have a mindless moment or two, he serves up Bejeweled for a few minutes of game time. If a "Kodak moment" drops in my path, Palmy's camera is there for me. If I choose, he would even search the internet for the weather or other downloads I want. Sometimes, I feel rather selfish regarding Palmy. I do have a nice case to protect him, although who knows how safe anything is in my purse! I feed him regularly. There haven't been too many times that he lets me know his tummy is almost empty. Just a couple of times have I switched his power on to have him say he is "resetting". Somehow, that thought just about takes the breath out of me. Thankfully his screen displays my life once again. I haven't told him that I keep a record of everything he has, just incase he'd have a rebellious moment in the future.

Am I finding time to bask? Don't know about that, but my friend certainly has my thoughts, plans and Lifeline (Bible) at my fingertips.

I'm wonder if Palmy knows about basking time yet?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what's more surprising? That the guy is a Presbyterian or from southern California? You seemed shocked. Hopefully, pleasantly.

Thanks for the link. Tod Bolsinger

Magdaleine said...

So, are you marking some basking time down on Palmy and setting the alarm so you remember?

dave said...

be careful what you say to palmy dont want to hurt its feelings now.... may never alarm you again.