Tuesday, February 15, 2005

The Change Begins . . .

Today is the first day of my new schedule!

Am I excited? Am I looking forward to the new and different? Well, uhm . . . I'm not sure. How's that for a very confident answer?

It' s going to be a busy morning at the store, I'm sure. Great sales going on this week! I do know at the place where I would have been today, they will be brainstorming about ways to spend money. How funny that I would have enjoyed a meeting like this! Oh well . . . I'm praying for good decisions on their part.

It was a full weekend for sure. My voice barely made it through two worship services. I think I need to spend more time singing. My voice doesn't remember as much as my hands do when it comes to making music to the Lord. I woke up this am singing, "Let Your Glory fall in this room, let it go forth from here to the nations . . . ". Great song to set my mind on today.

I'm in Exodus in my Bible reading these days. I loved my college classes around the Tabernacle. While I don't have time to really expound on that now, suffice it to say that as I was reading about the High Priest's garments this morning, I was reminded that the names of the 12 tribes of Israel were carried on his shoulders. I had to read that twice. I was thinking that the 12 stones on the breastplate were significant of the 12 tribes. Hmmm .. I'd forgotten about the onyx stones on the shoulders. What a picture of intercession!

How privileged we are to be able to come boldly to the Throne of grace to find help in time of need! Today I have a friend who is praying through some issues in her life and is looking for the deliverance of the Lord in these things. Another friend's daughter is in need of great emotional healing. Another friend's marriage is at a very shakey place right now. I was picturing myself coming to the Father with the names of those people on my shoulders. As I approached Him, I was gently taking each person off my shoulder and placing them at His feet. I saw Him lifting each to His heart and holding them so carefully. He really IS touched with the feelings of our infirmities.

Thank You Father for Your working today in each of these situations. May Your Kingdom come! May Your will be done! Let Your glory fall . . .

3 comments:

Latinosunshine said...

Intercession is indeed a privilege. Like the song goes, what a privilege to carry everything to him in prayer. Sometimes the most wonderful thing we can do is stand in the gap for someone else. It helps us to focus upward and not inward on our own issues.

Change is good especially when God has told us to follow the cloud to a new place in Him. Its all about trust!!! We may not see why God has authored the changed but God wants obedience above all things. Im sure you will find joy in being in the center of His Will.

Yadah said...

It's been a good morning in this changing time. I only felt myself think about the other place I could have been a time or two. It was good to get on with my day and know I was being obedient for the day.

Yeah . . . trust isn't always that easy.

Magdaleine said...

Yadah, your comparison of the onyx stones to intercessory prayer is a wonderful one! Even when the priest wasn't verbally praying for the tribes, he was carrying their names before God. Do my concerns for certain people rise before God even when I'm not specifically praying for them? Interesting thought.