Saturday, September 10, 2005

About to Emerge



A friend of mine took this picture during one her her kids' science projects. We all know the story of emerging butterflies. At this moment I can't find it, but I did a blog many months ago around what happens when a caterpillar turns into a butterfly. One fact I didn't pick up was that once the butterfly comes to this stage in it's development, it has 3 days to emerge. Just the significance of 3 days is mind boggling to me!

I do see the timeliness of coming into the new place. If the butterfly doesn't come on out into the new place, it is (as my friend said) a "goner". I am just beginning to think on this process.

If anyone has info to add, sites to recommend or thoughts to interject . . . bring 'em on! I don't have time to jump into a discussion at the moment (I have to get to work).

3 comments:

Magdaleine said...

I guess the question to ask is, "What timeliness is needed for Yadah right now?"

That's an incredible picture, by the way. I don't think I've ever seen one like it.

Yadah said...

I think I will know in the next couple of weeks. I'm not sure if it's timely or not. I know that I cannot stay in this stage for a long time. I would be a "goner"! As I've looked back in this blog, it was almost back to the first of the year that I began this journey. It's amazing that it's been this long. I think the emerging stage is coming soon. Will be interesting to see what that means.

Kitty Cheng said...

I reckon emerging stage is always exciting, but can also be scary.