Thursday, September 08, 2005

Wind from His Storehouses






"He causes the clouds to rise over the earth. He sends the lightning with the rain and releases the wind from his storehouses." Ps 135:5

This morning I worshipped and prayed with a group of intercessors on a mountain overlooking our huge valley. I found myself shouting the praises of God. I was shouting His awesome Name, His mighty works and His precious promises. It felt like His wind pouring through me. I chuckled wondering if anybody watching from the houses below might wonder at what spectacle was happening above them. (I did find out that these intercessors have been quizzed on that before!)

Probably the most amazing event of the morning (6:30am - 8:00am) was watching the rain sweep across the valley. The thunder and lightening accompanied it so majestically. We didn't get rain where we were, but at the end as I was reading the Ps 135:5 verse, the wind started to blow on us. It felt like God was saying "this is the wind from My storehouse for you".

I'm sure there were many other profound moments for those there, but as the lightening flashed, the thunder sounded and the wind blew, something woke in me of the Presence of God being right there in that time. It was a God moment.

3 comments:

Magdaleine said...

That is so cool! I love the imagery of watching the storm from a high and protected place and I love the symbolism of the wind blowing on you. It reminds me of the passage in Malachi where God says he wants to pour out the riches of his storehouse onto his people.

Kitty Cheng said...

Let it rain! Amen!

Kitty Cheng said...

good to check in on your blog too. You know what? It's suddenly raining and wind is blowing heavily here in Melbourne. WOW!