Monday, November 07, 2005

Speed Limit: Go For It!


Saturday, I spent about an hour standing on my front porch with some dear friends who were coming for another reason, but spent time listening to my heart and then prayed with me. It’s amazing to have someone really listen to you and find what you’re saying to be thought through and reasonable! They asked me hard questions as well as offering insight from their other points of view. We were able to dialogue back and forth, knowing we were safe with one another, yet offering some fairly different considerations. Probably because of our various gift perspectives, the thought processes came from diverse directions. The vision was the starting point – the pool of perspectives only added to the power of potential possibilities. It felt so refreshing and hopeful. I wonder what would happen if we really did live our passions full out for God? I heard them say to me over and over, "Go for it! Do what is in your heart to do. Do not let the "fear of man" hold you anymore."

God help me live my life full out!

1 comment:

Magdaleine said...

It's so good to have friends with whom you can have divergent thoughts and yet be able to share them and exchange ideas without hard feelings or barriers being put up. I'm glad you had that chance. I'm thanking God for what he gave you last week.