Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Thankful for music

I cannot imagine my life without music! Several times a day, I break out into song for something. (vocal or on the harmonica) My students are used to it by now. I saw a video this evening with a whole group of people doing the jazziest rhythm with cups. I began to imagine my class out sitting out in our hallway rockin' with that kind of rhythm. What a hoot! I also read about the joy of singing The Doxology. I can't tell you how many times I've stood with friends to sing this song a cappella and we've belted out four part (plus) harmony. Now I'm watching the CMA Awards. Wow . . . not what I remember of country music. I remember my mom practicing with students for Solo and Ensemble contests. I remember competing in them as well. I wasn't as fond of the competition - vocally or instrumentally. I just liked the music! I even remember a few times when a group of us were singing songs to God and I heard additional voices joining in - many more than were present at the time. Yep, I know sounds crazy. Truth is, others heard them too. Guess you had to be there to have an opinion on that. Truly . . . I cannot imagine my life with out music!

No comments: