Monday, November 04, 2013

Thankful for my Job

Almost ten years ago, I heard a new direction calling me. Interestingly enough, I was not sure which direction! I changed my work situation and found myself working at a craft store and then a propane company. I met quite the variety of people! It was a great learning experience. During the latter job, I was going to school at night. My writing skills were awakened as well as my heart for learning. I forgot I loved learning so much. Right after graduation (for the second time), I found a profession that challenged me to use all the skills I acquired for many years. Could I do it? Could I tolerate little kids? Adults are much easier to teach. (snicker) Honestly, what a change of mind I have had. My job has given me such an opportunity for learning and growing. I am surrounded by people who generally love what they do. (There are some days . . .) For living in one town over 30 years, I thought I knew many people. Just get in different circles and it's amazing who I've met. My job has opened quite the world for me. I have met the most amazing families. I am thankful for my job!

No comments: