Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Thankful for sleep tonight . . .

On this Election Night I have mixed emotions. In my teaching practice, my students learn about the passion and diligence of the Founding Fathers as they separated from England and wrote a governing document that still stands today. Yes, it's been changed over time and is even interpreted differently that the original Founders might have intended, but one can't deny the fervor and risk in the original task done. After all of the work of the Declaration of Independence, Ben Franklin summed the situation up frankly by saying, "We either hang together or we hang separately!" I often wonder how they slept at night? I am thankful as I lay my head down tonight for assurance that I will be able to sleep. I will be rested by morning time. I am thankful that God will help my mind be in perfect peace as my  mind is stayed on Him. Good night, friends. Sleep well!

No comments: