Thursday, March 03, 2005

A Day of First Solo Flights

Both my kids and Steve Fossett
took their longest solo flights today!

Ok . . . not quite the same, but still very eventful nonetheless. Steve Fossett traveled around the world in an airplane on one tank of gas. Our kids will use many tanks of gas, but will share this day of infamy with Mr. Fossett!

It's 6:00pm . . . 12 hours since they left. They stopped for Starbuck's. They have enough caffeine in them to go 12 more hours I'll bet. It looked like the car was doing well. Wonderful! I'm sure this will be one of those stories they will have to tell for a long time.

Speaking of those kinds of stories . . . I remember one I took that was an 8 hour drive when I was 19. I was with a younger friend in her dad's old red Mustang. We pulled into the gas station, filled up the oil and checked the gas! (no kidding!) Oh well . . . that story is for another time. This is the kids' day!

No comments: