Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Old Year Out, New Year Coming!















So much to get cleared up and finished as the New Year approaches!

It's that time to get all the bills paid for 2005. It's time to pack up all the Christmas stuff and put it away. It's time to finish the little odds and ends that must be done by Dec 31st. It's time . . . .

Yeah! It's time for new thinking. It's time for new vision. It's time for a new haircut! (I had to put that one in because, for me, it just gives me new prospective!) It's time to press into the new places that I've been waiting on for this past year. It's time . . .

Having this blog for the past year has probably been the main factor for keeping me sane. Being able to drop thoughts here has helped me, I'm sure. About 11 months ago I had a dream that stirred me to begin reevaluating why I do what I do. I've prayed, talked with friends, studied the Word and researched various avenues for moving into the new place that that dream stirred in me.

Waiting this long has been good for me, but I confess it has been very hard. I really believe the wait is almost over. I know that by this time next year, I will be very different. My life and circumstances will be different. This feels like one of those momentous moments in a person's life where you know that after crossing a threshhold, the door will close to where you've been, but the adventure of the new stuff ahead keeps you facing forward and moving onward.

By the way, I wasn't chosen for the first job I interviewed for, but I will be submitting my cover letter and resume for another one this week. I believe I would really enjoy this new one. It would stretch me, but I would have the opportunity to be with forward thinking people and offer direction and creative ideas in that mix as well.

No comments: