Sunday, June 11, 2006

Odds and Ends

This weekend I didn't have to work at the store. We tried to get stuff done before hubby has his surgery. He was up on the roof painting around our solar panels. The new paint looks nice! We are hiring our neighbor to spray paint the rest of the house. I'm looking for someone to do some extra scraping of old paint off the trim. I can do most of it. I'm just not a ladder girl, so need someone to get under the eves and and scrape would be helpful.

I'm trying to get school stuff done too. Personal and Business Ethis is my current class. I'm trying hard to learn a bunch of world views, determine my OWN world view and then figure how I might approach business with my own world view. I was talking with my pastor's wife last night about this. She has taken this class at my university as well. She said discussions got pretty interesting when people were trying to sort out ethical decisions. I think it will be interesting where the class discussions go over the next 4 weeks. At this point, I'm just trying to get the vocabulary in my head. I'd like to be able to enter discussions from a somewhat educated framework.

I need to write a couple of paragraphs for a threaded discussion. I watched Robin William's The Final Cut. It 's a movie based on implanting a chip in the brain of unborn babies. That way, their whole life can be documented and the "rememoried" at their memorial service. Yikes! Just not real sure I want anybody but God with that kind of information! I'm supposed to write a couple of paragraphs talking about the company that does this. I'm on the Board of Directors and need to explain my goals and ethical standards. Talk about having to wear a "different" hat! (There's more to the story, but don't want to do a movie review here.)

This is going to be an action packed week. On Monday, I start to learn a new position at my job. Tuesday night is the Ethics class. Wednesday is my husband's surgery. Thursday and Friday I have a new work schedule which will challenge me as I try to pick up my son from his work when I am at my work. We'll see how that works. I think my husband will come home from the hospital on Saturday. I am scheduled to work from 9-6. Oh, I also am going to apply for another really part-time job that sounds very fulfilling to me. At the moment, I'm waiting for another employer to fill a position for which I applied as well. I think the next couple of weeks are going to be interesting!

No comments: