Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The World from My View



What does this picture say to a person looking at it? It's the old question - "What do you see?"

I am trying to articulate my world view for a university class. I thought my views were fairly clear by now considering my age. My professor (and my reading) have rather shaken that notion though. Having your views "shaken" is not a bad thing. I'm not forsaking my convictions, yet I am really having to rethink what I really do believe. That's a good thing!

I don't think I'm as cut and dried in my views as I once was. I suspect that some would consider me wishy washy or mushy in my thinking. What happened to that "have an answer for every question" kind of thinking? After all, wasn't I taught to be able to "fix" every problem and leave people with answers rather than more questions? What ever happened to life fitting nice and neatly in 10 easy steps?

My pastor's sermon this past Sunday was a reminder that sometimes our neat little answers aren't anything that we'd want to hear if we were on the questioning side of things. One point he stressed was that wherever Jesus went and whatever He did, He started discussions. He was often found in conversation with people. My take on that idea was that He was always trying to convince others that He was right and they were wrong. Is that really how He worked? The people He was continually scolding about right and wrong were religious people. Ever notice that?

I wonder if I'm as clear about my own judgementalism and sin as I am about others' actions who don't serve Christ?

1 comment:

Latinosunshine said...

Yadah, Sorry I have been MIA. I did read up on your posts and your husband. I will pray.
Glad to hear you are challenged in your classes and your worldview.
I always like equip.org since that ministry is all about understanding what your worldview is. Gotta love apolegitics.