Saturday, July 01, 2006

Continued Prayer Request

This is an email I sent out this week. We've been trying keep people informed as to where we are. I didn't know exactly how detailed I should be on these things, but a couple of nurse friends said the more details, the less guessing. It just helps people be able to pray specifically. Sooooo . . .there ya go!

Wanted to let you know that my dh's pathology test came back not so good. Our doc is going to try to present his case to a group of oncologists that get together in Delta to discuss treatment. There is cancer in his lymph nodes although we don't know how extensive. At the moment, the doc is wanting my dh's body to heal for the next month. Then I guess we'll get together and bat around some ideas. The doc said probably the next step is some hormone treatment that stops the testosterone from feeding the cancer. We are going to check our insurance here to see what oncologists are in that plan here in GJ. He said that would be great and he would refer if we'd like. I think we're in kinda shock mode at the moment. My dh is struggling a bit with incontinance. The doc said that might happen and has some exercises that my dh needs to do. They are supposed to be mailing us that pamphlet.

No comments: