Saturday, February 11, 2006

Arrival in Toronto

At the moment, I'm sitting Toronto, Canada. I'm at the home of a friend for some R & R as well as ministry time. I'm not all that sure what there will be the most of between those two, but I am looking forward to these two weeks.

I've just made a video that will announce me resigning from the Creative Arts ministry at church. I've been with these people for 25 years. (Some people have come and gone, but the ones who've stayed are probably the ones I've been around the longest.) It's not very easy to say good bye to folks. I don't like this sort of thing. Just fading into the "sunset" would be fine with me. I know the new pastor is trying to do things in an upright way so that if we meet at an event, we can look each other in the eye and know there's nothing bad between us. That's good I'm sure.

So that video will be played while I'm here in Toronto. I am concerned about my son though. He will be leading worship the Sunday that this video will be played. He seemed ok with it, so I hope that it works out ok for him. Guess we'll see . . .

I will go back and attend one more Sunday for them to "send" me. I'd appreciate prayer if anyone is reading this. I'm not all that sure I know the meaning behind the "sending", but I've seen it done several times. It's always left a bit of a question in my mind. Maybe that was because I was the one who was "sending" rather than "going". I imagine this is an attitude check of some sorts for me, so prayer would also be appreciated for that as well.

I may blog more of my adventures here in Toronto. I caught the plane in Salt Lake City at 6:15am, so I'm a bit bleary eyed. Salt Lake, Chicago and Toronto each had a good amount of snow. When I was in the air today, there was an interesting phenomenon I kept observing. We were above the clouds and the sun was bright. As I looked out my window, I could see the shadow of our plane on the clouds. I could see the whole plane. The unique thing about it was that there was a rainbow effect all around the plane shadow. It seemed brighter inside the rainbow circle. I saw it once and thought it was just a fluke. Then, I kept seeing it over and over. I'm wondering if God was trying to say something to me. (I understand the concept of water in the clouds and the idea of sun shining through those droplets.) I was just blessed to see that rainbow around my plane!

2 comments:

Magdaleine said...

That's cool about the rainbow! I sure hope you have a good rest the next two weeks and I'll be praying for the stuff at home.

Latinosunshine said...

Yadah, I thinks its a good sign if they want to send you off. I know at TSC they lay hands on you as a blessing to you that God would equip you for whatever He is leading you to do. I will continue to pray for God's leading and blessing to you.