Thursday, February 02, 2006

The Change Is Happening


My good friend left this morning. She's on her way to care for her ailing mom and stepdad. As I talked with her last night, she was really wanting to be sure that I knew what I was going to do in these next days. I will miss her terribly, but, thankfully, she's become much more internet friendly. I know we will at least have a chance to connect. I'm also blessed by the wonder of cell phone plans that allow for free long distance calling after 7!

Never in my life have I done what I'm about to do this week. That's an amazing thing for someone of my age. I don't get into too many new adventures, but this one will be for sure. Another friend quizzed me this morning making sure that I have thought through the answers to questions that will arise from this decision to do what I've never done before. Pretty mysterious, isn't it?

I heard someone say the other day that to step into your new place you have to let go of the former place. I've heard that before, but it seems very, very real to me at this point. I'm so used to having things lined up that not knowing my next step is a challenge. Other people have my future in their hands. I suppose ultimately, that's not true. God surely knows who will make what decisions. I know that if I just keep my head on His chest, I will hear His heartbeat for my next steps. I will go from complete involvement to nothing. I will go from weekly preparation to nothing. Whew!

Somehow though, there is this internal excitement that just keeps welling up. I wonder what God has in store?

1 comment:

Magdaleine said...

I think what's about to happen IS exciting and I'm glad you feel that and the anticipation of what's to come even though leaving all you've known for something completely new is really scary. Think of the prayers you've prayed! I believe the answers to them is happening--not the way you anticipated when you prayed, perhaps, but, nevertheless, answers that say "YES! I am leading you into your heart's desire." Who wouldn't get excited about something like that?

God's blessings on you, Yadah.