Monday, February 27, 2006

Preparing to Speak

Looking back as well as forward!

This Wednesday I will be speaking at the Canyonview Vineyard Women's Ministry evening called "Celebration!". There's food and fellowship along with worship and someone speaking. I happen to be the one speaking this month.

I was telling a friend what I thought I'd say and she asked me if that's really what I was asked to do. Now, I stopped up short just to rethink . . ."What was I asked to do?" I recall being asked to share about myself. This was a sort of "get to know me" time. I was told I had about 30-40 minutes. Honestly, I can tell about me in 5 minutes, so what do I do with the rest of the time!?!

I had planned to create a video telling about my family and our desire to move with God at this new place in our lives. At this moment, I'm not sure the media equipment will be able to support my video. I should know by later today. I'm trying to decide if I want to put the time into the video until I know for sure that it can be played. I think I can rework parts of a video I already have, so it might not be such a lengthy process. Hmm . . . decisions, decisions!

After the video, I was going to share a short teaching around the significance of God's time. I guess my friend's question has caused me to ask if they don't really want to hear any more than just me telling about myself. Not much excitement in that!

Getting home, getting back on track . . . it feels a little unsettling at the moment. My body is still on Toronto time. I was sleepy at 9pm (11pm Toronto time) last night. Of course, I was awake at 5am (7am Toronto time). Yikes! I work tonight, so sheer exaustion should get me acclimated faster!


No comments: