Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Resurrection's Determination

There are days when life seems to happen to you rather than you happen to life. There are people who have a sense of determination no matter what. They want to be able to make it through life keeping happy and safe. Some people, though, want to impact life and the people in it. They want to impact their world and make a difference. Jesus' disciples were invigorated when He appeared to them after the resurrection. Jesus told them they were to go be witnesses to what they had seen. He had come back to life and ascended to the heavens. They saw it all! Determination was strong in their hearts at this point.

Easter Sunday is one of those Sundays most attended by people during the year. Christmas runs a close second if not sometimes outright takes first place. It's when Christ followers are reignited with the passion of Christ. Imaging Christ on the cross, then walking out of the tomb and ascending to the heavens is an image that reminds them that Jesus was different. He's not dead; He's alive! (Plug for the movie!)

Luke 24:52-53 - "While He was blessing them, He parted from them and was carried up into heaven. And they, after worshiping Him, returned to Jerusalem with great joy, and were continually in the temple praising God."

How are you influenced by the reminders of Easter Sunday? What would you have done if you were one of the followers? Would you have just gone back to your day to day business? How has the power of the Resurrection impacted you in these days after Easter? Is it "back to normal"?

Let the Resurrection stir determination in you to go back to your work "with great joy" as you continually praise God in the Temple  - which is YOU! Be determined to influence your world rather than be squeezed into the form of this world. Consider letting your words not have to be delivered in flowery elegance but in the determined clarity of the Holy Spirit's anointing. (I Corinthians 2:4)

Father, I am determined to impact my world. You have done so much for me. Somehow, I want my words and my actions to display who You are. I know people won't always agree or even understand why I do what I do. I know I will even be misunderstood. Sometimes that's the most painful. Help me focus on being determined to live as a person who knows the meaning of Resurrection. Jesus stood again; mankind can as well because of His sacrifice. I worship You and anticipate the Spirit's anointing upon my day. I will wait for You . . .

No comments: